This season I was lucky enough to be able to attend both of the fashion shows that take place over Belfast Fashion Week and here are my highlights from the shows!
Designer and Designer Boutique Show
I found that a lot of the pieces in the designer and designer boutique show tended to be a lot dressier and beautifully structured pieces! I have a wedding in June so it was nice to see some on-trend options for that! I loved the range of bold colours – Orange, Blue Emerald Green and Red are key colours this season with Pastels like Pink and Lilac rivalling for the limelight! Personally, I do prefer softer colours fo pinks and lilacs are what I’ll be opting for!
Prints were all over the catwalk again, and of course, florals were a key trend! But Anthea McNeil Design had so many gorgeous geometric designs in gorgeous bold colours like yellow and blue! It was so different and I loved it! For me, the highlight of this show was the NorLisa Fashion Designer range! I love the patterns and monochrome colours in this line! My favourite piece was the Sheer Moon Fringe Kimono, it’s one of the pieces I can differently see myself wearing!
At the show, we were also treated to two fab lines of accessories from Lover of Luxe and Grainne Maher Millinery. I’m not that much of an accessory girl but I was wowed by both of these lines! I loved the metallic leather feather headpieces as they seemed so understated but when the light hits them they were amazing! I loved how structured the Lover of Luxe bags were, it was amazing to see so many different types of bags, I particularly liked the Pillar Bags and the Circle Bags!
I loved this show as it was a brilliant opportunity to meet a lot of new designers and see a lot of different styles and pieces that are not normally on the high street!
High Street Heaven
Personally, this is my favourite show! I love seeing the new trends and knowing it is fashion I can find and afford makes it even better! The Director’s Cut was once again my favourite portion of the show! There were so many fab pieces that I’ve already filled my ASOS bag! I loved seeing all the options and all the styling tips in this show, it’s fab getting a sneak peek at all the trends for SS18 and I definitely can’t wait to add some of these pieces to my wardrobe!
The Key Trends
- Stripes – This was one of my go-to looks this season! Vertical stripes are very flattering and were definitely the stripe of choice! I love how stripes can be so versatile and how you can play with a variety of colours too!
- Spots – Again another huge trend, and one that is totally versatile depending on size and colour of the spots!
- Monochrome – As always this is a huge trend, and it works so well with the previous trends of stripes and spots as well! Personally, these are the looks I always go for as they are so easy to style and so easy to wear!
- Pastels – This was another favourite of mine, at the high street show both of our hosts wore AMAZING pastel suits! I loved this trend and lilac is one of my favourite colours so I’m definitely excited for this trend!
- Bold Colours and Jewel Colours – this is on the opposite end of the spectrum! I love how loud all these colours were, especially the emerald green shades as they are so flattering to almost all skin tones!
- Metallic, Feathers and Sparkles – Again another brilliant trend (and one I love) this was in a lot of looks and was incorporated into many of the previous trends! I love how this trend just helps to lift any outfit! I also loved seeing so many people rock these trends!
What I Wore
This was my look for the Designer and Designer Boutique Show!
Jacket: New Look
Top: New Look
Shoes: New Look
This was my outfit for the High Street Heaven Show!
Jacket: New Look
Top: River Island
Trousers: New Look
Overall the shows were fab and I’m excited to buy some of the pieces from the show and I’ve come away totally inspired and ready for SS18!
Facebook: Charlotte Tudge – MUA and Blog
Twitter: @charlottesbblog (note the 2b’s)