This year I took the plunge and attended Belfast Fashion Week! There were several events to choose from, but I opted for the High Street Heaven Show, it only made sense as the hughstreet is my favourite place to shop!
It was a fab evening, with fashion from Boux Avenue, Debenhams, George, and my personal favourite section the Directors Cut – this included items from H&M, ASOS and ZARA amongst others!
There were several trends I noticed on the night, both from the very fashionable guests and from the catwalk itself.
- Reds – worn as a bright accessory, or head to toe! Red isn’t going anywhere this season!
- Texture – wether its sequin dresses, sparkles tops or feather trimmed skirts, textured clothing was all over the catwalk
- Checks – this was my look of choice! It could be through trousers, coat or even a baker boy hat, check was the go to pattern!
- Royal Blue – the most stunning rich royal blue dawned the cat walk, almost as much as red did!
- Fabrics – from fur to velvet to metallics, fringing and vinyl, these bold fabrics were all over the catwalk!
- Forest/Emerald Green – this is possibly one of my favourite colour trends! This bold green definitely left an impact all over the catwalk!
- Military – from the subtle red stripe down the seam of trousers, to military coats, this trend was very evident across lots of brands!
Here are my key pieces items from the night…
- ASOS Sequin Dress £65.00
- New Look Green Floral Dress £29.99
- Zara Green Fur Coat £69.99
- Boohoo Red Frill Blouse with Collar Detail £25.00
What are your favourite trends for AW17?
Facebook: Charlotte Tudge – MUA and Blog
Twitter: @charlottesbblog (note the 2b’s)