A few weeks ago I posted about my Fitness Tracker and how I use it to track my activity, and today I decided that I would share some tips I have which help keep me just a little bit healthier.
I’d just like to say that I have no training in regards to health or nutrition and these tips are just my opinion and things that work for me not fact!
Snacking is probably my worst habit, I am a huge lover of tea and coffee and with that comes dippy biscuits, so here are some tips I have to curb my snacking habits or make them a little bit healthier at least.
- Don’t buy lots of chocolates and biscuits when you’re shopping, it’s an obvious one but a hard one to follow. Realistically though, if you don’t but that share bag of Cadbury Dairy Milk Nibbles “just in case” then you won’t eat them all by yourself on a Tuesday night while you binge watch Stranger Things…
- If you like to have a snack then go for something a little healthier, like dried fruit or nuts. My favourites are the Forest Feast Golden Berries or Cherries* but they have so many to varieties to choose from. Just be careful of your portion size as dried fruits can tend to have a lot of hidden sugar!
- Skip the sugar in your tea and coffee, this also goes for ordering Caramel/Gingerbread/Pumpkin Spice Lattes in Starbucks. I like to save speciality coffees for a treat at the weekends, then I don’t feel like I’m missing out too much!
- If you can’t forgo your dippy biscuit with your tea or coffee then why not switch to a better option. I like to go for Rich Tea biscuits, they have around 70 cals a biscuit so to me that’s pretty good and they still give you a little sugar fix we all need after a long day at work!
- Try and cut down on fizzy drinks, it’s another obvious one but again so important! Not only does it reduce your sugar intake but I find that fizzy drinks usually make me really bloated, so next time you’re getting a Tesco £3 meal deal opt for water instead!
We all know we need to exercise but it can be tough to start, especially if you are unsure what to do in a gym. Honestly I hate big gyms, yes the equipment is usually state of the art but to me they’re so intimidating and I find I get a much better workout in my little local gym than when I go to the bigger ones!
- The best advice I can give you is to pick something you enjoy and stick with it! I currently try to take my dog for a 20m walk almost every day and I love going to Yoga classes with my sister. I enjoy these activities so I don’t find them a chore.
- Try to do something cardio related a few times a week. For me this is going to a spin class or a body pump class, I really enjoy these and usually get a good calorie burn at them! If I don’t have the time for a class or my shifts don’t allow me to attend them then I try to take my dog for a longer walk or an uphill walk, a 30 min walk up hill will burn a lot more calories than you think.
One of the most important things is to be positive towards your progress, no matter what you do! You might not feel confident the first time you go to the gym but in a few weeks, once you get the hang of things you’ll be so glad you started when you did! The right mindset will get you a lot further than anything else!
Facebook: Charlotte Tudge Makeup
Twitter: @charlottesbblog (note the 2b’s)
Disclaimer, Forest Feast very kindly sent me some of their dried fruit to try, but I do actually really like the Golden Berries and the Cherries options and of course all opinions are my own!